Peace Ambassador Training
Pathways to Peace is a step-by-step training on the nature of peace, the history of conflict, and how each person can make a difference! These skills can be used in any conflict situation where peace is the desired outcome.
Training participants learn of a meta-narrative of universal magnitude that is alerting the world of the sacredness of all beings. As humans, we all share the same essential needs: to be seen, heard and appreciated. The wisdom of this new universal vision asks you to look past your cultural upbringing and to accept a willingness to understand each other’s cultural beliefs. Rather than seeing differences, we are asked to focus on what we have in common and to appreciate the underlying similarities in cultural and spiritual practices. We are asked to acknowledge the divine spark that exists in each of us. In doing so, we connect as members of one large universal family, each receiving our essential needs. As we look at life through this new lens, we are led to improved understanding, which brings us closer to universal peace.
Participants will be able to:
- Articulate the fundamental narratives that have led us into conflict over the generations and how to counter those narratives going forward
- List the steps in the process of becoming a peacemaker
- Participate in peace/conflict role-playing
- Identify the aspects of diplomacy
- Explain the nature of our relationship to one another
- List specific peace building skills
- Specify ways that each person can contribute to creating both a sustainable and a peaceful planet
- Identify peace making resources to support their skills and support organizations they can become involved in which address specific areas where help is needed
Law enforcement officers, attorneys, prison guards, educators, government workers, church and community leaders, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, union leaders, business managers, CEO’s, non-profit organizations, parents and everyday people.
This workshop can be presented as a day-long intensive, a series or a multi-day practicum. Upon successful completion of the training, participants will receive a certificate designating them as a “Peace Ambassador.” CE’s credits are in development.